Introducing the new myInvention inventor portal! Conveniently submit your invention disclosure online at
(UH login required)
Benefits of using myInvention
- The myInvention inventor portal allows inventors to conveniently create and submit their inventions to OTT via the web.
- Having a myInvention account allows you to track the status of your disclosure.
- Use myInvention to upload documents. OTT will be notified when documents are uploaded.
- Keep track of related patents and licenses.
- Manage marketing targets.
- Use myInvention to add remarks to your disclosure.
Upon completion of your invention disclosure, an OTT licensing associate will contact you to follow up.
Complete the invention disclosure form available for download here:
Fill it out, print and sign it, submit it to your Department Chair and Dean/Director for signature, and route it to the Office of Technology Transfer at the address below.
Office of Technology Transfer
University of Hawai‘i
2425 Campus Road, Sinclair 10
Honolulu, HI 96822Phone: (808) 956-9024
Fax: (808) 956-9150
You may also email a scanned copy of the completed and signed Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The invention disclosure will be logged-in and assigned a docket number upon receipt. The disclosure creates a record of the invention, the inventor(s) involved, who sponsored the work, and any public disclosures and publications that have been made.
After reviewing the disclosure, the OTT Director will assign it to a Technology Licensing Associate who will be responsible for all further actions relating to the invention. The Licensing Associate will contact you to schedule a time to meet with you to discuss the invention and make a preliminary determination of licensing feasibility, novelty, potential applications, and possible markets.