Initiating a review
- Principal Investigator (PI) submits a request using the MTA and NDA Agreement Request Form to start the process. For more information regarding MTAs email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding NDAs email email@example.com.
- The Office of Innovation and Commercialization (OIC) staff begins the initial review and contacts the PI (or designated administrative contact) if additional information is needed. Once all the pertinent information is received, OIC staff reviews and negotiates the agreement.
- Processing time varies, depending on the complexity of the matter.
- It is preferred that the OIC works directly with the other party to negotiate the terms. This allows the OIC to follow up in a timely manner, and to keep the processing time down to a minimum.
- The OIC works with various UH offices including but not limited to the Office of General Counsel (OGC), Office of Risk Management (ORM), etc., if the agreement requires subject matter review in those areas.
- Once the terms are finalized, OIC circulates the agreement for signature.
- The OIC does not require original wet-ink signatures, and electronic or scanned signatures are acceptable. If the other party requires original signatures, the OIC accommodates their request and ensures that an original is mailed back to the other party.
- Once the agreement has been signed by all parties, a PDF copy and transmittal memo is provided to the PI and a copy remains with the OIC.
Review and Negotiation of UH Research-Related Agreements (Memo, May 2018)