INDUSTRY & PARTNERS
SEEKING RESEARCH ASSISTANCE OR AN INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY?
OIC can identify and connect you with the University of Hawai‘i’s world-class research and breakthrough discoveries from all 10 campuses statewide to help you solve challenges, improve operations, and/or develop technical and cultural innovations.
PARTNER WITH US
Join our efforts in supporting UH innovators and entrepreneurs in growing Hawai‘i’s innovation ecosystem and economy.
Share your expertise and experiences as an advisor or mentor to help UH innovators advance their entrepreneurial journeys.
Partner with OIC on our programs or UH's world-class research projects to maximize collective resources, networks and expertise.
Support OIC programs, initiatives, research and technologies, or invest in UH startups and innovations.
1. SEARCH UH TECHNOLOGIES
Browse UH innovations and novel technologies available for licensing to help solve everyday to complex problems.
2. CONTACT OIC
Email us at email@example.com to learn more about UH innovations and available licensing options.
3. SUBMIT A PLAN
Detail how you will develop and commercialize the technology from market background and product development to financial projections.
4. MONITOR PROGRESS
Work with a Technology Licensing Officer (TLO) to ensure compliance with licensing terms and product development progress via periodic reports or meetings.
5. AMEND LICENSE
Explore options with a TLO to re-evaluate and amend the licensing agreement as the innovation and business progresses.
Learn more about our innovation and entrepreneurship programs and partnership opportunities or contact us for more information.
Pathways to Innovation and Entrepreneurship (PIE-X) are semester-long courses that offer undergraduate and graduate students opportunities to work in multidisciplinary teams to identify and develop solutions to real-world problems through the Lean Startup methodology.
- Mentor: Dedicate at least 1 hour a week to meet with the student team(s) to provide advice, guidance and connections.
- Advisor: Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for student teams.
- Funder: Donate to support PIE-X.
UH, now part of the NSF I-Corps Hub Desert and Pacific Region offers NSF I-Corps™, a virtual entrepreneurship training program that provides skills on how to test the market through customer discovery and create a business strategy, in order to maximize the impact of your innovation.
- Mentor: Volunteer time to provide business advice, guidance and industry connections.
- Funder: Donate to support NSF I-Corps™ program initiatives.
Hawai’i Technology Innovation Development Ecosystem (HITIDE): A University of Hawai’i Incubator is a 24-month program that provides wrap-around services, seed funding and resources tailored to support the needs of academic entrepreneurs with UH-affiliated, deep-tech innovations.
- Mentor: Dedicate at least 1 hour/week to meet 1:1 with an aligned cohort member to provide business advice, guidance and industry connections.
- Advisor: Serve as a Subject Matter Expert resource to aligned program participants.
- Funder: Invest in UH startups or donate to support HITIDE program initiatives.
UH Ventures, LLC is forming a UH-affiliated venture fund through seed capital from the State of Hawai’i and private funding from domestic and international investors. The Fund will invest in UH-developed intellectual property (IP) as well as IP co-developed with private companies and partner organizations.
- Collaborator: Partner on research and/or IP-development projects.
- Funder: Invest in UH startups or donate to support OIC program initiatives.