University of Hawaiʻi
Office of Research Services
ORS Directory | Helpline

Award Extensions

The Principal Investigator (PI) may initiate a request for a no-cost extension (NCE) from the sponsor, which must include an endorsement by ORS. The format of the request may vary depending on the terms of the award. The PI should contact their assigned ORS specialist for assistance.

Approvals, if transmitted to the PI, should be forwarded to the PI’s assigned ORS specialist. After the NCE has been accepted by ORS, the fiscal administrator should submit the ACCT eDoc to update the end date of the award in the Kuali Financial System.