Conflict of Interest Policies and Procedures
UH COI Policies and Procedures
- Executive Policy EP 12.214 – Conflicts of Interest Commitment
- Administrative Procedures A5.504 – Procedures for Disclosing and Addressing Conflicts of Interest and Commitment
- Administrative Procedures AP 12.304 – Procedures for Disclosing and Addressing Conflicts of Interest Related with Extramurally-Funded Activities
UH follows the Public Health Service (PHS) regulations outlined in 42 CR 50, Subpart F “Promoting Objectivity in Research” and 45 CRF Part 94 “Responsible Prospective Contractors” for the reporting of outside activity, review of potential conflicts of interest, and management of conflicts of interest, as expressed in the NIH policy below and other similar federal policies.
- NIH FCOI Information – Public Health Service (PHS) regulations, which apply to grants and awards from the NIH and other PHS agencies
- NSF COI Policy – National Science Foundation regulations for grants and awards
Hawaiʻi State Ethics
Related Policies & Resources
- Board of Regents Policy 9.207 – Outside Employment
- Administrative Procedure A9.240 – Record of Outside Employment
Request FCOI Information
In accordance with UH Policy and the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), 42 CFR Part 50, regulation on Responsibility of Applicants for Promoting Objectivity in Research for which Public Health Service (PHS) Funding is sought, the public may request information about Financial Conflicts of Interest (FCOI) related to extramurally-funded awards. Please submit requests by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.